Information is the lifeblood of business today. But information improperly obtained or used can be a tremendous source of exposure. Background and corporate investigations are regulated by a myriad of federal, state and local laws that can be a minefield for those uneducated on the rules. In fact, there have been millions of dollars in paid claims within the last few years alone.
RAI is led by an attorney with over 25 years of industry experience. He regularly counsels clients on developing and maintaining legally-complaint investigative programs. RAI clients manage their investigations through the I-Verify portal and the Compliance Manager Platform residing within that portal.
I-Verify is RAI's proprietary online system, designed to allow clients to securely view and track their investigation cases 24/7. I-Verify tracks pending investigations, as well as closed cases, all in one location. With I-Verify, you can:
- View, track and manage cases by new, pending and closed cases 24/7
- Request a new investigation through integration or direct feed
- Download associated compliance documentation
- Search previous investigations
- Integrate with your existing application tracking system (ATS)
Within I-Verify is RAI Compliance Manager, which enables you to mitigate risk by staying on top of the ever-changing federal, state and local regulations. The Compliance Manager portal:
- Provides job applicants with an on-line portal to access and execute all required disclosure and authorization forms including any applicable state or federal notices;
- Allows applicants to obtain completed investigations after the client has reviewed the report;
- Manages the adverse action process including the ability to generate and electronically deliver pre-adverse and adverse action letters with all required attachments and notices; and
- Allows applicants to dispute information in their reports directly with RAI.
The platform delivers all documents to the applicant and maintains these documents in accordance with the client’s record retention policies.